Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should Buyers Hold Off On Klingon Armada Products?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starmada and Klingon Armada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graydo
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Should Buyers Hold Off On Klingon Armada Products? Reply with quote

Should Buyers Hold Off On Klingon Armada Products Until The New Version Of Starmada Is Released?

What will be done for owners of the current versions?

Thanks.
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thInk probably buying them would be good. It is possible you will like the old system better than the new one.
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer totally depends on if you want a more ship vs. ship game (actually, squadron level) or you are looking for a more fleet vs. fleet (i.e. with more abstraction).

The new rules give more abstraction than the old rules. So fleet battles will be better with the new rules.
Rich Stokes
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Should Buyers Hold Off On Klingon Armada Products? Reply with quote

graydo wrote:
What will be done for owners of the current versions?

When I asked a while back the answer was that at that stage, it was undecided. I'd be reluctant to pay anything until I knew for sure. I'm personally liking the look of the new game, but I'll be a bit annoyed if there's no "upgrade path" for existing customers apart from "buy everything again".
ecs05norway
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having looked over the Designer's articles for Starmada Nova, I'm very glad I bought the Admiralty Edition. Nova holds no interest whatsoever for me, and if further products do not support Admiralty edition then I will not be purchasing them.

That said, I've just purchased Battleships Armada in Admiralty edition, and definitely wouldn't mind seeing more.
mdauben
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecs05norway wrote:
Having looked over the Designer's articles for Starmada Nova, I'm very glad I bought the Admiralty Edition.

Does the Nova edition actually replace the Admiralty edition? I thought they were two different, parallel products lines for people who wanted to play fleet and squadron scale battles, respectivly? Confused

"The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank."
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do print-on-demand so it's easy for us to have both versions. We just did four new ships in CL50 and they were all done for both systems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starmada and Klingon Armada All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: