Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

more starline 2500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markgeorgetwo
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: more starline 2500 Reply with quote

Hi there the other miniatures i would like to see made are the DD,DDF,GSC,SC,CVS,andTHE TUG for the federation for the klingons
the B10 AND BIOV ,C5,B9, and the fighters. basically the same miniatures has that are in the 2400 scale but in 2500 also i have noticed that the box sets are not availble here in the uk.
mdauben
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: more starline 2500 Reply with quote

markgeorgetwo wrote:
Hi there the other miniatures i would like to see made are the DD,DDF,GSC,SC,CVS,andTHE TUG for the federation for the klingons
the B10 AND BIOV ,C5,B9, and the fighters. basically the same miniatures has that are in the 2400 scale but in 2500 also i have noticed that the box sets are not availble here in the uk.

I'm sure Steve or Jean will pop in with the offical word, but from things that have been previously posted; the 2500 Klingon B10 is already in the pipeline and should be out some time in 2015 (hopefully early!), also there will be no 2500 fighters, the same ones will be used for both the 2400 and 2500 line (same goes for the Fast Patrol ships whenever they come out).

Now, unoffically, if you check out the ACTASF and SFU Painting and Kitbashing pages on Facebook, you can seen some examples of conversions people have done on the Fed DD, Tug and CVS. I think the GSC would be an easy conversion of the CA model, too.

"The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank."
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: more starline 2500 Reply with quote

markgeorgetwo wrote:
Hi there the other miniatures i would like to see made are the DD,DDF,GSC,SC,CVS,andTHE TUG for the federation for the Klingons

This is an interesting selection of requests. Let's take a look ship-by-ship.
DD / SC / TUG - Each of these ships are part of the Franz Joseph Designs set. I'm not privy to ADBs contractual negotiations - but I do seem to recall that there were some special rules regarding these three (along with the DN and the CA - That's the original DN, not the current DNG and the original CA, not the CAR+ that is in ACTASF). Long ago, there was talk of a possible squadron pack with these 5 ships in Starline 2500 scale, but with the issues involving Mongoose producing quality miniatures - I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them.
I have converted 12 of my Starline 2500 CAs into DDs (well, 9 of them, the other 3 were CCs converted into DDLs). The step by step process was documented on the Facebook page "A Call to Arms Star Fleet Fans"; and can be found here:
Starline 2500 DD Conversion
I have also converted on of my extra CAs into a tug. That process is detailed here:
Starline 250 TUG conversion

The DDF is just a DD with the spade shaped saucer of a Fast cruiser added:
I did three of those as well:
Starline 2500 DDF Conversion

The scout is just a DD with sensors added. Once you do the Destroyer Conversion, the Scout is east.
The GSC is a regular CA with sensor dishes added. This is actually one of the easiest conversions out there.

The CVS on the other hand ids a bit harder. The isn't enough demand for this one to ever be produced, meaning you'll have to convert you CS to make one, but again - it's a fairly straightforward conversion. Simply drop the location of the forward sensor dish and add another shuttlebay to the front of the secondary hull. I haven't done one of these myself, but I've seen several others that have.

Quote:

The B10 is in the works.
There isn't enough demand for a separate B10V to justify a new mini, but one can easily be converted by simply adding another flight deck (made of styrene plastic) to the top of the existing engine house.
C5 - I doubt this one will ever be made... in either scale. Although now that I think about it - I bet I could take a Starline 2400 mini and make a 2500 scale C5... its off to the work bench.
B9 - Again, not a lot of demand, so you're probably going to have to take a Starline 2500 B10 and cut it down to match the 2400 scale B9.

There will not be a separate set of fighters for 2500 scale.
The existing fighters will be used with both scales.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Federation Destroyers (in Starline 2500 scale) - work in progress

Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Federation DF and DDL (Starline 2500 scale) - Work in progress

Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starline 2500 scale DDs - close-up of how the pieces are made:

Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Federation TUG (Starline 2500 scale) - Work in progress

Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Federation TUG (Starline 2500 scale) - Close up of pinning process

djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: more starline 2500 Reply with quote

Scoutdad wrote:
C5 - I doubt this one will ever be made... in either scale.

Minor correction: The C5 was done for Starline 2400 (mastered by John Schneder, IIRC). However your point stands, it's a niche model and hard to justify as a new investment in Starline 2500.
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang. You're right.

Why don't I have one?
Must order today so I can start planning a 2500 version of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: