Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACTASF - Book Two
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> A Call to Arms Star Fleet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do.

The new medication seems to have ended the problem that kept me from working more than a few hours a day. I feel better and over time and starting to feel stronger.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that.
Continue to improve. ACTASF will still be here, so we want to make sure SVC is still here, too.
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scoutdad - how goes the progress on Book 2? (Not nagging of course, just keen to get my hands on it!)
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hold up in the book is me, not Scoutdad. I have been in ill health with limited work hours and the lack of workable fiction for CL53 has brought product lines to a halt.
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy that Mr Cole, health first other stuff later.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will get there. Steps are being taken to fix my biggest problem. That should let me finish up all of the current projects.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Call to Arms: Star Fleet, Book Two Is Now Available

"Here we lay our web. Here we stand between our enemy and all we hold dear. Live or die, here we fight."

This is the much anticipated A Call to Arms: Star Fleet, Book 2. There are more ships for empires you enjoyed in Book 1.2: Federation, Klingons, Romulans, Kzintis, and Gorns. The Orion Pirates and Tholians that were introduced in Book 1.2 now have full-scale fleets you can use. In addition, the Seltorians, deadly foes of the Tholians, are introduced and have a powerful fleet to hunt the Tholians down. There are monsters for your fleets to defeat - the huge Juggernaut, the Planet Killer which breaks down planets for fuel and doesn't care if the worlds are inhabited or not, the Moray Eel of Space which eats ships, and the Sun Snake which makes stars go nova. There are more civilian bases and ships to protect and a few ships that are sheepdogs in sheep's clothing. And there is a preview of WYN ships.

New types of ships include scouts to help you in your battles and commando ships to deliver troops to a planet or board an enemy's ship. New terrain includes the WYN Radiation Zone. New weapons, new traits, and new special actions flesh out this book. There are lots of new scenarios that should test your wit and skills. There are templates to construct your own Tholian webs. (Web panels are also available on our shop on Shapeways.) Finally there is a consolidated index to both Book 1.2 and Book 2.

The Early Bird Edition has all the rules and information you need to play the game when combined with Book 1.2. When any updates (and finally the Deluxe Edition) are released, they will replace this as a free update. These updates will include more art, information on making your own planets, and a how-to guide on painting Orion Pirate ships.

Please note that you must have Book 1.2 to play this game. Book 2 is an expansion.

Get your copy of the Early Bird Edition from these sources:

Warehouse 23: http://www.warehouse23.com/products/ADBM30002
DriveThru RPG: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/288551/
Wargame Vault: https://www.wargamevault.com/product/288551/

Shapeways Web Panels:
Twelve, no bases provided: https://www.shapeways.com/product/CBQV59S8Y/
Eight with bases: https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZAPU64SSM/
dsv1
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Ship roster card packs? Reply with quote

Hi Jean

Got the book from wargame vault, its really good- I can finally use my B10 Smile

Just wondering if and when we might get the second wave of ship roster card packs ?

Great work and much apprieciated

Pete
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ship rosters are sort of low priority for me right now. They are really labor intensive if I do them, and if done by someone outside, require a complete line by line check. Sad
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Status of ACTASF BOOK TWO otherwise known as ACTASF2 or even updating ACTASF2.1 to the ACTASF2.2 version.

I made all of the updates, added the extra articles, and added the missing art last year. Jean gave me the marked up copy sometime in early January. I got it fixed and given back to her (hundreds of fixes and changes and updates) a few days ago. She's going through now checking the changes, requesting more and better art, and finding a few things she hasn't found before. I suspect there will be about 50 fixes for me to make and I should start on them later today. I hope to have the next round of fixed pages on her desk Monday and have ACTASF2.2 ready for upload in about a week, but (a) until it is finished we can only guess when it will be finished and (b) ACTASF is not the only think I have to do. (Steve Petrick is working on SFB Module R4T and keeps asking me for input on this or that. I do have stuff to do for the 10 Feb Hailing Frequencies newsletter. I do go to the gym almost every day (a necessary cost if you want me to stay alive long enough to do everything you want). I am going to have to do something to get more map panels printed for FC and Jean wants me to spend a day updating GURPS FEDS.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the re-mark copy from Jean. It includes 15 actual typos (spelling, capitalization, punctuation), 20 shapeways search terms that need to be more precise, and 15 photos she wants replaced because the fan-produced photos won't print in focus. Should take a few hours. I may do some of it today, but more likely most of it tomorrow.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean gave it back to me with 7 corrections (4 of them things she did not find the first time, 2 of them things I missed, 1 of them a Shapeways note that had become obsolete since she read it).

All were fixed, so ACTASF2.2 is done. Tomorrow I will start pounding through the process that will produce the PDF. Doing it could take an hour or a day just depending on how it goes. Checking it could take a day, two or three if other projects get in the way. One way or another, we should have 2.2 in the PDF stores in a week or less.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually stayed at the office last night past 8pm and got the PDF done. It's on the conference table for Jean to check. Others have to check it as well and everyone is busy with three other jobs so don't count on it being uploaded today. But this week, yeah, that is doable.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the print version is available!

A Call to Arms: Star Fleet, Book Two Is Now Available

"Here we lay our web. Here we stand between our enemy and all we hold dear. Live or die, here we fight."

This is the much anticipated A Call to Arms: Star Fleet, Book 2. There are more ships for empires you enjoyed in Book 1.2: Federation, Klingons, Romulans, Kzintis, and Gorns. The Orion Pirates and Tholians that were introduced in Book 1.2 now have full-scale fleets you can use. In addition, the Seltorians, deadly foes of the Tholians, are introduced and have a powerful fleet to hunt the Tholians down. There are monsters for your fleets to defeat: the massive Juggernaut, the Planet Killer that breaks down planets for fuel and doesn't care if the worlds are inhabited or not, the Moray Eel of Space which eats ships, and the Sun Snake that makes stars go nova. There are more civilian bases and ships to protect and a few ships that are sheepdogs in sheep's clothing. And there is a preview of WYN ships.

New types of ships include scouts to help you in your battles and commando ships to deliver troops to a planet or board an enemy's ship. The WYN Radiation Zone is new terrain to appear on your table. New weapons, new traits, and new special actions flesh out this book. There are lots of new scenarios that should test your wit and skills. There are templates to construct your own Tholian webs. (Web panels are also available in our shop on Shapeways.) There is information on making your own planets and a how-to guide on painting Orion Pirate ships. Finally, there is a consolidated index to both Book 1.2 and Book 2.

Book Two has all the rules and information you need to play the game when combined with Book 1.2. Please note that you must have Book 1.2 to play this game. Book Two is an expansion.

Get your PDF copy of the A Call to Arms: Star Fleet, Book Two from these sources:

Warehouse 23: http://www.warehouse23.com/products/ADBM30002
DriveThru RPG: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/288551/
Wargame Vault: https://www.wargamevault.com/product/288551/

Or get your copy in print: https://www.starfleetstore.com/a-call-to-arms-star-fleet-c-96/a-call-to-arms-star-fleet-book-2-p-1285.html

Shapeways Web Panels:
Twelve, no bases provided: https://www.shapeways.com/product/CBQV59S8Y/
Eight with bases: https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZAPU64SSM/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> A Call to Arms Star Fleet All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: