Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

turn/slip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spacecowboy87
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject: turn/slip Reply with quote

Some time ago I read a thread by someone who'd devised a system to mark turns and slips with one marker. Does anyone recall that? I have also come up with a system and it's going through some teething pain. I'd like to review that other system to see how it resolves certain problems.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, it involved shifting the marker off the hex row of the ship when a slip was made, then moving it back inline after. Or something like that. While this loses the exact hex the turn was made in, that is irrelevant, as only the distance from that point matters.

The main alternative I have seen is just inverting the turn marker when a slip is made, the flipping it back over when eligible for the next slip. Same idea, just a little different implementation.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5039&highlight=point+turn+slip+point

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Spacecowboy87
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Still toying with my system, which works but is a bit foreign and takes some getting used to.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how well a system would work using only one Point of Turn marker with this extra feature. It would be double-sided with PoT on both sides, but on one side also have the word Slip. On the other side it would have the word Slip with a red oval around it and a slash mark through it (as in, Slip not allowed).

It would have to be homemade.

I may just try this for awhile to see how it works. All it would require is for the PoT marker to remain on the map all the time. Using this system the PoT marker would never have to be moved to indicate whether a slip is allowed. It would only have to be flipped.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: