Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starline Miniatures on Shapeways (on-demand 3D printed)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all-seeing, all-doing, admin deity. Wink
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2450 is a fancy 2400, often but not always a rescaled Mongoose 2500.

2425 is "omniscale" such as bases & freighters. Second time in 30 hours I have seen minis experts get that one wrong, and I'm not saying I never got it wrong but just not lately.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Star Fleet Divorced Wives association are our top ranking sales force. On the way out the door with the kids they burn ex-hubby's entire SFU collection, causing him to rebuy the entire line.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ADB Shapeways store is coming, very, very soon.

Ready to go for opening-day are the models I did for the Federation CAR refitted heavy cruiser (as shown up-thread) and now also the Klingon D-7B refitted battlecruiser.

Also ready for opening-day are my Klingon F-5S scout frigate, Romulan SkyHawk-L destroyer leader, and large freighter with-skids.

From the other sculptors, there will be a huge variety of freighter configurations by Steve Zamboni, along with the Romulan DemonHawk and Frax ships by Mathew Lawson.
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great looking D7
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MONDAY 1PM UPDATE: We have 15 ships in the (not yet open) store with six more to upload (one is in progress). Uploading is slow, two or three hours per ship, one ship at a time, so we're not going to open today. The store is not officially open yet.

Here is the list of ships:
Federation CAR+ in both scales
Klingon D7B in both scales
Large freighter with skids in OMNI scale
Small freighter in OMNI scale
Frax CA in 3788 scale only (We'll do the 3125 if somebody wants it)
Frax DW in 3788 scale only
Klingon F5S in both scales
Romulan SkyHawk-L in both scales
Romulan DemonHawk in both scales
Romulan Vulture in 3125 only (We have a metal ship in 3788)
Seltorian CA in both scales
Seltorian DD in both scales
Small Skid-stack freighter in OMNI scale
Large Skid-stack freighter in OMNI scale

We had some problems with contracts going missing in Email but those seem to be under control at this time. Two of the three are here with the third expected within hours. (I never get the contracts done on time. Sigh.)

The plan is to open tomorrow 20 June with the 21 ships above, then add "about 10" more ships on 1 July. Those would include two more freighters, another Selt, another Frax, two or four Omegas, and some others.

We want to just make one batch upload per month. That way, you buy what you want without guessing if something else you want is likely to appear within a few days.
ecs05norway
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat! Can't wait to see the Frax, myself, I've been considering building a fleet of them since I first got a look at C4. Definitely would like to see these guys in 3125 scale. Smile
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to nit-pick, the Federation heavy cruiser is a CAR with no +. It doesn't have the Ph-3s and drone rack on the bottom of the ship. (Well, I guess you could arbitrarily decide the stand hole is the drone rack opening, but that still leaves the missing Ph-3s.) MCCAMMON ADDED THESE MONDAY NIGHT, SO IT IS THE PLUS.

Unless, of course, he updated it after the picture higher in the topic.

And I do have to admit that is a beautiful Romulan K7RB!

Federation Commander Answer Guy
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The phaser-3s and drone rack were added to the Shapeways model (those pictures are from before the change).

Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks awesome!
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, unless it was updated.

Awesome build. The ship looks tremendous.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It was a great honor to be the one to model her.
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjwest wrote:
As I said, unless it was updated.

Awesome build. The ship looks tremendous.

It really is. I wish I was half that good.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plan is to get the store open today. All sculptor contracts (for ships already uploaded) are signed, and all 21 ships have been uploaded.

What's left is just "creating the store" (going through various hoops and loops to create it, set up payment links, and establish reporting procedures) and then uploading the sales text.

The plan is to add more ships on the first day of every month. (Note) We don't want to add a ship today and another one in three days and two more a week later. I never want a good customer to buy ships and then the next day find out that a new ship has come out that he would have wanted to include. So we'll add ships on 1 July, 1 August, 1 September.

We expect that 1 July will include two or four Omega ships from one or two empires, another Frax or two, another Seltorian, two or more new freighters, perhaps a new empire.

We expect that 1 August will see another Omega empire get two ships and the two previous omega empires get another ship each, another Frax and Selt, more freighters, perhaps another empire.

We'll try very hard to include a Fed-or-Klingon-or-Romulan every month.

We want to first provide ships we never did metal minis for. As time goes by, we'll start replicating the metal ships into Shapeways. It may take two year or five years, but we eventually want every metal ship to be in Shapeways. When I'm 90 years old in a retirement home I don't plan to be shipping metal ships but I'll happily cash the Shapeways checks for money to play Bingo.

We do expect that most ships (eventually all ships) will be in both 3125 and 3788 scales except those (freighters, bases, monsters, shuttles, gunboats) that are on OMNI scale. Omni scale includes one-inch gunboats that would be 1/8 inch in 1/3788, 3/4-inch fighters that would be 1/16 inch in 3788, two-inch bases that would be 30 inches in 3788, and so forth.

(Note) No plan survives long when it meets reality. We may have to adapt, speed up, slow down, or change any or all of the plans over the next few months. This is all new and all policies are procedures are based on our best guess of what it going to happen. When we have real data we may make adjustments.
ecs05norway
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
The plan is to add more ships on the first day of every month. (Note) We don't want to add a ship today and another one in three days and two more a week later. I never want a good customer to buy ships and then the next day find out that a new ship has come out that he would have wanted to include. So we'll add ships on 1 July, 1 August, 1 September.

Shapeways does present the buyer with an option, under Shipping Options when placing an order, to add it to an order already in process. But yeah, I can understand this kind of decision. And it makes good marketing sense, really - customers can get to anticipate what's coming and budget for when it's ready, have a reliable "There will be new ships -this- date," rather than "when are they going to upload something new?" all the time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: