Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

federation commander campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GK1 wrote:
I'm running a SFB campaign going into turn 11 and I might add a few more players.
This a strategic game with combat done by local group using SFB. You don't have to be
local to participate. I run this in my spare time and since we all work it is not a fast moving game.
I have my own campaign rules that I use. I have run several games some of them lasting over 5 years.
If you have any interest and want more information email me with questions. Gknapp1@gmail.com
Thanks

It is nice to see another campaign join this thread, do you have some of the rules you can post or a general outline?

thanks!

PM
pauls
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Kingston Campaign recent battles Reply with quote

I'll try and get one of the participants to do a full write ups but...

Turn 19 had rather a lot of terrain.

Romulan fleet BB,RH, 2xFH, 2xSpH, SkH, 2xSea vs.
Federation 2xCS, 5xDD 3xDW 5xFF
in an asteroid field.

Quick version Romualns moved to find a nice clump of asteroids to sit in.
Fed split DW and FF one way CS and DD the other. Fed fires 19 OL from DW and FF at range 8 with +2 for the asteroids and miss with them all!
CS and DD get a +1 shift and cripple a SpH in return take similar damage to a DD. The next turn the Fed tries to regroup but the Romulans case the CS and DD off the map crippling a CS with the 2 Sea and SkH in return for a crippled Sea.

2. E4 against Lyran FF in a SuperNova. Lyran destroyed and E4 crippled both from the terrain no actual shots exchanged klingons hold the system

3. Two Lyran FF with 1500 point battlefleet to the rescue vs D5W,F5W,E5 the Lyrans have a location map to run around in for 5 turns before their fleet can arrive and need to do so if they wish to loot a nearby system.
Klingons manage to reduce the FFs to near hulks but can't finish them off without playing with the big boys so run away and get their system looted.
pauls
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Turn 20 Reply with quote

Still in progress

Turn 20 looks to be the turn of bases.

First up the Romulan fleet that played in the asteroid game relieved of its cripples and reinforced by a NH runs into an allied Lyran base station it didn't know about just as it comes under attack from a Federation fleet (all new ships)
Rom as above less-SpH and Sea plus NH
Lyrans BS and armed cutter
Fed CS,6xDW,10xFF

I'll give the main players a chance to write this up as it has been played.
Teaser; a lot of ships won't be playing again.

Other action for turn 20
Gorns CM, 3xHDD, 3xBDD and 11 FF atack a Hydran BATS
Hydrans BCH, LB(CC), LN, 5xKN, 7xHN

Gorns attack Hydran planet
Gorns HDD,BDD, 2xFF
"Hydrans" Fed NCL and 3xHN

Lyran DW and FF vs 2 Fed FF
Klingon D5 vs 2 Lyran FF
Sproing
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the Klingon in the fluffy chicken campaign

Turn 19 battle 2 was a lot of fun, even with generating the asteroids taking longer than the ship movement. We elected to move the ships when the asteroids moved rather than try to move all of them each time.

My memory is a bit hazy as it was a while ago now, but a brief summary....

The E4 followed the FF into the supernova.
The two ships exchanged fire several times, which is not easy when asteroids are coming at you at speed 24. I managed to get an extra phaser two shot in the first exchange which generated a couple of internals but both ships essentially just lost a shield. We tended to each lose a shield when we exchanged fire increasing the vulnerability of both ships to the environment which itself was knocking off shield boxes every turn.

My drones proved decisive, in a fairly unconventional fashion. The first attempt was not encouraging. After launch it promptly hopped randomnly into an asteroid clump. The second was launched after the second exchange of fire with the Lyran only having one phaser left to kill it. He got unlucky so lost a shield and took some internals. The third exchange of fire saw him manouevre to a position of advantage. It's hard to explain but he was kind of downstream in a clear bit. My HET for position forced him to HET using enough power up to reduce his fire (no power for disrupters) so I didn't get too chewed up. The drone launched after him caused him to try to HET as he couldn't avoid both it and some asteroids. He broke down taking internals, got hit by the drone on a down shield and was run over by an asteroid clump. On the way out the energy wave thingy rolled a six, flattening my rear shield and crippling my E4. It left with only its front shield intact.

Fighting in a supernova is a bit like playing a game of frogger, with somebody jogging your hand once a minute and a little man zapping your frog every other minute. Phaser twos, heavily shifted, as our primary useful armament required both of us to get very close and the need to get a shield facing the energy wave whilst avoiding the asteroids generated some very strange manouevres. I can recommend trying it once. Trying it with several ships apiece would probably be bad for your mental health
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: the federation attacked! Reply with quote

Greetings, we had a final battle for the campaign last night before my move to seattle next week.

We decided to play traditional (as in established SFB nomenculture)

a Klingon-Lyran force attacked the flagship of the Federation 2nd fleet which as alone on trial runs near the gamma-pykon system. a dense asteroif field surrounds the planet of pykon.

The federation ship was an Ares Class Battleship the USS Alliance, the coalition force were a Lyran BCh and a Klingon C-7 the IKV war.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BB is gonna get blasted to bits
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinecone wrote:

Maybe, but I bet it'll be a heckuva fight.
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverin61 wrote:
pinecone wrote:

The BB was played by myself, Sir drake flew the Lyran BCH and Darc tangent the Klingon C-7.

we started about 40 inches apart on a large table, plent near the middle of the table and a large flotilla of asteroids scattered randomly across the field of battle.

Turn 1: the Allinace used pre-load options on Photons and choose speed 8 and began to close slowly trying to keep the planet in between the BB and the two closing BCH's. the C-7 and the liran choose speed 16 and closed. at the end of the turnt the BB used power to upgrade all of the 10 photons to overloads +4.

Turn 2
Both the Lyran and Klingon BCH choose speed 16, and stayed relatively close in formation. The Alliance shoose speed 8.

at the end of impule 7 of turn 2 the coalition ships had closed to a range of 9 and 10 (lyran 9, C-7 10) the Lyrans and the Klingons turnd to the right and fired all bearing phasers on the alliance. the alliance took the hits to the forward shields used batteries to bleed all but 3 hits to the front shield. on impule 8 the Alliance accelerated, the lyranand the C-7 turned hard and moved away, the klingon turn mode was superior and moved away smoothly. the alliance limbered forward in the ol traditiojnal federation stye and kept eh Lyran in the FA arcs. the Lyran turnd but lost a little space due to the poorer turn mode of the BCH; that combined with the alliance moving in a straight line towards it placed the range at 8 from the alliance to the Lyran BCH with the #5 shield facing the Alliance. at the end of sub-pulse 4 of impulse 8.

the Allinace fired an alpha salvo hopping to take a chance and score some hits with overloads despite the range.

of 8 photons fired 5 hit! along with 11 phaser 1's the shield buckled and 63 internal hits ripped into the Lyran BCH. the Alliance also launced 9 drones at the C-7. both the Lyran and the klingon launched suicide shuttles at the allionace and the C-7 launched 4 drones at the Alliance.....

next turn 3.......thoughts?
Commodore Mendez
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PallidaMors wrote:
Wolverin61 wrote:
pinecone wrote:

The BB was played by myself, Sir drake flew the Lyran BCH and Darc tangent the Klingon C-7.

we started about 40 inches apart on a large table, plent near the middle of the table and a large flotilla of asteroids scattered randomly across the field of battle.

Turn 1: the Allinace used pre-load options on Photons and choose speed 8 and began to close slowly trying to keep the planet in between the BB and the two closing BCH's. the C-7 and the liran choose speed 16 and closed. at the end of the turnt the BB used power to upgrade all of the 10 photons to overloads +4.

Turn 2
Both the Lyran and Klingon BCH choose speed 16, and stayed relatively close in formation. The Alliance shoose speed 8.

at the end of impule 7 of turn 2 the coalition ships had closed to a range of 9 and 10 (lyran 9, C-7 10) the Lyrans and the Klingons turnd to the right and fired all bearing phasers on the alliance. the alliance took the hits to the forward shields used batteries to bleed all but 3 hits to the front shield. on impule 8 the Alliance accelerated, the lyranand the C-7 turned hard and moved away, the klingon turn mode was superior and moved away smoothly. the alliance limbered forward in the ol traditiojnal federation stye and kept eh Lyran in the FA arcs. the Lyran turnd but lost a little space due to the poorer turn mode of the BCH; that combined with the alliance moving in a straight line towards it placed the range at 8 from the alliance to the Lyran BCH with the #5 shield facing the Alliance. at the end of sub-pulse 4 of impulse 8.

the Allinace fired an alpha salvo hopping to take a chance and score some hits with overloads despite the range.

of 8 photons fired 5 hit! along with 11 phaser 1's the shield buckled and 63 internal hits ripped into the Lyran BCH. the Alliance also launced 9 drones at the C-7. both the Lyran and the klingon launched suicide shuttles at the allionace and the C-7 launched 4 drones at the Alliance.....

and then what happened???
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PallidaMors wrote:
Wolverin61 wrote:
pinecone wrote:

Turn 2

turn three. thre was much internal debate for this turn by all. the lyran BCh was burning, the C-7 was beginning to turn towards teh BB, the BB was withought any photons except the rear firing photon suite....what to do.

speed:

lyran 16
klingon 24
Fed 0
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the BB declared a sped of 0, so to gain a 1 turn mode and as a result to hopefully gain the ability to get it's rear fireing torpedoes into position for what was most assuradly going to be a Lyran and klingon surge towards the capital ship since it had fired it's main battery of photons.

The Lyran BCH had 2 of 4 ESG's still in operation and both were fully charged, she also had 5-6 phasers and all 4 disruptors, she could only produce 31 power though, so a speed 16 took alot of the base power that was available.

the Lyran moved away for a couple of sub-pulses and then when the commander saw the BB began to also turn away at a lumbering 0+1 the Lyran HET's and began to roar towards the Alliance. the C-7 moved a little further out and then followed suit at a speed 24. with all wapons charged!

the Action was intense the Lyran BCH got to range 0, the BB at the last moment launhed a suicide shuttle, form the last turn 4 of the 9 donres had been tractored by the C-7 the other 5 had been destroyed this turn by a barage of phasers.

at rnage 0 the lyran discharged his ESG's fired phasers and a disruptor, the Allinace shield #4 dropped, the turn mode of 1 saved the ship from massive damage thoughh as the C-7 had been moving in like a shark trying to get the same shield into it's arcs at this time the C-7 was at range 3 or 4 and was oblique to the Allinaces #5 shield.

the BB took 20 internal hits, the Allinace fired back two overloaded photons 16 each against the lyran #1 shield and fired 10 phaser 1s....the Lyran BCh disintegrated under the fire and was blown up.

next.....................
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that was the end of the turn...

The Klingon RUNS!

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGOPTIMUS wrote:
If that was the end of the turn...

The Klingon RUNS!

that was impulse 5, the klingon c-7 is bearing down and continues to do so. the BB makes a terrible mistake and declares evasive?? not sure what i was thining, my turn mode goes to 2, the klingon which could not get behind me now is alomost able to, he launches two drones that get into my #4 shield...24 more internals. then at the end of the turn impulse 8 the Klingon attempts to HET to get a perfect shot, and breaksdown....at the end of the battle the C-7 takes 104 internals but manages to escape the map........

A GREAT BATTLE

Turn4.
GK1
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: SFB campaign game Reply with quote

ok as a general outline the game is a non standard blind strategic campaign game. Each player controls fleet movements, Economic expenditures. Diplomacy, Trade, research and espionage for their race. You only know what information you collect via your ships, spies and diplomacy. It's not a game based on who as the most to spend wins but that helps. Battles are done face to face by a local group here in NY.
The game evolves exploration and colonization of systems in order for your nation to grow.
Again any questions email me at Gknapp1@gmail.com
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Message deleted by author

Last edited by pinecone on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 54 of 58

Jump to: