Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

federation commander campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GK1
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

central NY. however we don't really meet for anything anymore but to do combat for my campaign game. Which is hard enough to find free time.
But you never know stranger things have happened
Rock Hudson
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: The Battle of Nowhere. Reply with quote

Admiral Roquefort sat in the remarkable luxurious flag bridge of the King Condor, Kraft, the return from planet 141 had been quieter than he had imagined, no Federation had been lurking in the asteroids to slow the journey. Unusual of late.

Suddenly there was an audible warning, proximity alert, deep inside Lyran space, this was unexpected, “Battle stations, get the fleet to battle stations at once!”.

First officer Grigio, looked down at the screen, “actually sir, more of a base station, a Lyran one by the looks of things”.

“This isn’t on my charts, how odd, keep the ships at ready and lets see”, Roquefort commanded, “send a message to the base, dig out the bread and heat up some cheese”.

The tactical screens then lit up, another ship, then five, then seventeen hulls, Federation designs, all coming towards the BAS at speed.

“Forget the fondue”, the admiral exclaimed, “we have fighting to do”.

Fed fleet:

CS Eglseer
DW Decker
DW Dietl
DW Von Flotow
DW Flörke
DW Geyr von Schweppenburg
DW Graeser
FF Bader
FF Barckhausen
FF Behlendorff
FF Berlin
FF Von Beyer
FF Boege
FF Brandenberger
FF Fox
FF Franek
FF Frankewitz

Romulan fleet:

KCN Kraft
NH Pinconning
RH Gouda
FH Idaho Goatster
FH Monteray Jack
SpH Wensleydale
SKY Golden Cross
SEA Brie

Lyran BS Nowhere
Lyran AC Not me!

The forces both started 35 hexes from the base, with the base forming the center of a location map with the boundaries 35 hexes away from it.

Turn 1:

“Maximum speed, get those plasmas started”, Roquefort growled, let’s see if we can’t make them pay for this base.” The fleet tore off together and headed towards the base, watching the Federation frigates making a line just tangential to the base, the destroyers and cruiser a little behind.

The Lyran armed cutter, obviously deciding that being anywhere near the incoming fleet would be a terminal error, scooted as fast as its warp engines would carry it towards the Romulans, looping around to fall in behind the formation. Meanwhile the Federation continued their swift approach, the frigates slipping through space keeping the base slightly to port and the Romulans dead ahead while the destroyers and flag ship CS headed directly at the lonely base.

The turn ended with some inconsequential fire from the Federation at the Seahawk, causing minor shield damage, the base and Romulan’s return phaser fire took the number 1 shield off of a Frigate, causing around 14 internals, including 3 power. A few offside F torpedoes from the Romulan fleet were also targeted on the leading Frigates. The federation launched its first volley of drones towards the base

Turn 2:

“Fleet at half speed, we’ll creep at the rear, cutter assume tug duties”, the admiral barked, “arm all torpedoes and get your bolting fingers ready”, the fleets approached each other, moving through space, their hulls glittering against the black background.

The two fleets closed swiftly, with the exception of Kraft who hooked a tractor to the cutter and was towed more slowly, two of the frigates veering away from the incoming plasma, at 10,000km the frigates exchanged fire with the Romulans, several plasma bolts slamming into one of the small ships gutting it, while the Novahawk took substantial shield damage to the number 1. The Federation launched its remaining drones at the slow moving KCN.

Both fleets then continued to close with the exception of the gutted frigate and Novahawk, the Romulans now 50,000 from the remaining frigates and again bolts and photons flew, the base fired all phaser 4’s at a Frigate blowing it up entirely, while the bolts and phasers completely destroyed two more and deeply crippled a fourth. In exchange one of the firehawks was crippled taking over 50 internals. (A good bolting turn, not a single range 5 bolt missed!)

The Romulans, then launched various off-side F torpedoes and the offside S from Kraft and except for the Novahawk and KCN HETed away, the KCN tractored Not Me! And was towed back away from the incoming Federation.

Kraft emptied her D racks dealing with the Frigates drones and then released tractor and declared cloak before the swarm of DWs (somewhat spread and carrying minor damage due to plasma) could reach range 8, the Federation followed in on top of their drone way, hoping to punch through the hole that the 8 drones would make, however at the last moment, before taking 6 drones on the rear shield, Kraft used a tactical manoeuvre and put a fresh shield towards the federation who declined firing except for eviscerating the Cutter. The Fed drones coupled with selected phaser fire also put paid to the BS. More photon and phaser fire crippled Wensleydale.

Turn 3.

The Romulans plotted speed 0 except for the cripples which were at speed 8 and 16, the Federation plotted speed 24.

The SKY and SEA turned into the first stack of Federation ships (a CS and two DWs) while the intact cruisers manoeuvred behind denying the rest of the federation 80,000km on the larger ships, fire exchanged leaving the Romulan’s SKY and SEA destroyed and the Federation with a crippled DW and CS. The remaining Romulans then cloaked and hid while the two cripples were hunted and killed by Federation phaser fire. Towards the end of the turn the Romulans uncloaked, the KCN further crippling a damaged frigate, leaving it without power systems with phasers.

Turn 4.

The Federation spent most of the turn regrouping having their fleet split over a large area while the Romulans hounded them threatening fast loaded F torpedoes against a largely de-photon’d Fed. The turn ended with more Romulan phasers removing all power from the previously crippled DW. The turn ended with the federation declaring EM.

Turn 5.

The battle was called the Romulans chasing the federation and crippling another DW with a very lucky range 10 plasma shot at the retreating Fed.

All told a damn fun battle, a nice change to get the most out of the cloaking device, being extremely lucky with bolts helped a ton too.

The end result was:

Romulan dead:

FH, SpH, SKY, SEA.

Federation Dead:
3 FF
Federation Captured:
2FF 1DW
Federation crippled
1DW
Lyran Dead:
BS, AC
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings all, well I have moved to the pacific northwest! seattle to be exact. I am sad to part ways with the group that forged this great forum topic. the war college of Sacramento. They are great freinds and great commanders!

PM
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is this topic going to die? It has the record for the most posts ever. It has a special atmosphere about it. It would be sad to se it go Crying or Very sad. Pallida, are you going to start a new campaign in your new location?
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the land of overcast and moss PallidaMors.
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinecone wrote:
So, is this topic going to die? It has the record for the most posts ever. It has a special atmosphere about it. It would be sad to se it go Crying or Very sad. Pallida, are you going to start a new campaign in your new location?

yes Pinecone, I will be starting a new "War College" this is a very important thread with great input on campiangs from all over the United states and Britain. Though it may take a few weeks to a month or perhaps a little longer, but an emergent long term storyline driven campaign where empires rise and fall and great ships earn glory and infamy will happen.

so more storys to come and more rules forthcoming (waiting to see admiralty to see what i like about it and can use, before making any more house rules)

Thanks!!!

PM
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djdood wrote:
Welcome to the land of overcast and moss PallidaMors.

Thank you Sir! though it is a tad sunny and warm, though it will change it is nice to be back, we actually lived up here first before going to sunny California.

PM
Sir Drake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DArc_Tangent and I got together and played tournament battle squadron game at my house last night. DT played the klingons with a battlecruiser and a new cruiser and d5w? and I ran a lyran group with a BCH and 2 CWs. It was a good even game that ended in a draw my BCH was gone and one CW cripled. he lost the d5w to a range 0 80point ESG attk from the BCH and his BC was down to 2 power a drone rack and 1 p1. my other CW had some shield dmg and his cruiser had a down back shield and 20 inside points of dmg 10 of which where power and 2 batterys. It was 2 am so a draw was called after the 2nd impulse of turn 3.

So battle groud Sacramento is trying to restart after losing PallidaMors, we are still not sure what form it will take but there will be more FC to come
From the Movie ZULU
Commodore Mendez
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Drake wrote:
DArc_Tangent and I got together and played tournament battle squadron game at my house last night. DT played the klingons with a battlecruiser and a new cruiser and d5w? and I ran a lyran group with a BCH and 2 CWs. It was a good even game that ended in a draw my BCH was gone and one CW cripled. he lost the d5w to a range 0 80point ESG attk from the BCH and his BC was down to 2 power a drone rack and 1 p1. my other CW had some shield dmg and his cruiser had a down back shield and 20 inside points of dmg 10 of which where power and 2 batterys. It was 2 am so a draw was called after the 2nd impulse of turn 3.

So battle groud Sacramento is trying to restart after losing PallidaMors, we are still not sure what form it will take but there will be more FC to come

Sounds like an awesome battle! and HURRAY!, I am glad for one to see some news come back out from your group.
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the new EMPIRE SUPREMACY campaign starts in three weeks, all of the players will be corridinated by then. it shall be a great time!

more to come........................

PM
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thus far the Klingon, Romulan and Federation races have been selected. of course our campaigns ancient nemesis the TSE and the Seltorian Hive are automatic NPE's and will prove to be sufficient and deadly foes.

1. new map being developed for play
2. campaingn may follow a more historical route using FE Map
3. there will be much fewer ships than the last game, aligning the overall feel with classic Trek (10 consitittion cruisers at one time formed the core of Star Fleet) the franz joseph ships will be used, all other ships have to be developed through Research

More to come,
Sgt_G
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinecone, I don't think this topic needs to die. But I do think that each and every active campaign needs its own topic. This one can be the catch-all for new ideas (until they spin off to their own topics) and announcements of new campaigns. But, yeah, the reason I suggested making a campaign's category was to help clean up this topic.

Master Sgt, US Air Force, Retired -- 1981-2007 -- 1W091A
Commodore Mendez
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sgt_G wrote:
Pinecone, I don't think this topic needs to die. But I do think that each and every active campaign needs its own topic. This one can be the catch-all for new ideas (until they spin off to their own topics) and announcements of new campaigns. But, yeah, the reason I suggested making a campaign's category was to help clean up this topic.

Hey, I think this topic is far from dead, but the only staple campaign that even lead to this thread being formed was the one created by Pallidamors and then there was quite a bit from Pinkfluffy chicken. I think if someone wants a separate thread about thier campaign they should go for it. as for this thread I really have only viewed it as the hoome thread for the campaign that PM runs with his/her? war college.

thanks
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: turn 1 of supremacy campaign Reply with quote

the new supremacy campaign has started, using the same empire rules for ships but with a slightly different twist. using the empire rules for ship levelling, ships attirbutes and ship special abilities. we are using the empire and cow RULES FOR LEVEL ADVANCING AND vp gains.

each player has choosen 1 ship in the 170-200 range as thier personal ship, then from thier a story line is generated, pitting the ship in a non-linear storyline driven campaign. as NPC ships are generated for each of the 'scenarios' they are recorded and become part of a living universe, these ships may or may not depending on circumstances face each other again, become allies, if the diplomats of thier respective empires forge a treaty or end up dying in some far flung section of thier empire.

so far the campaign has started off small, and we are using the traditional FC/FE map for empire locations and boundries.

important inclusions
1. the TSE (yes the venerable Terran Star Empire is still causing all kinds of mayhem)
2. the Seltorians as the evil hive race, they are the secreat controllers of the robot machines. (and maybe perhaps the seltorians are merely slaves to a greater darker threat)

the ships that have been spun into storyine are as follows:

Federation:
BCJ USS Alliance (player controlled)
Hull 9
Weapons 19
Power 20
command 10
General 11
Rating 0
VP 0

Klingon
C-7 IKV Death (player controlled)
Hull 14
Weapons 19
Power 9
Command 8
General 7
Rating 1
VP 16

Hydran
Overlord BCH HMS Blackprince (player controlled)
Hull 12
weapons 8
Power 14
Command 12
General 18
Rating 0
VP 0

Romulan
KR RIS Annihilation (NPC)
Hull 15
weapons 3
power 15
command 10
general 6
Rating 0
VP 2

Orion (blackthorn cartel)
LR Stilleto (NPC)
H 12
W 8
P 17
C 19
G 15
Rating 0
VP 2

Orion (Kublai cartel)
CA Banshee (NPC)
H 10
W 20
P 16
C 17
G 8
Rating 0
VP 0

So far the C-7 has engaged and fought the Annihilation and the Stilleto. these two ships operating on the foremost sector of the klingon empire near the tholian Assembly raided under an Orion Charter against the Klingon Orbital Laser Mining facility of Stokos. the C-7 fought them both off crippling the LR, and severly burning the KR, the C-7 took 48 internals all from the KR when the KR smashed the 5 and 6 shields with two s torps then followed through with 3 p-1 and 4 p-2 at range 1. the C-7 hit back scoring 30 internals on the KR and reducing her to 1 tpr and 3 p-1. the LR was reduced to no weapons and 24 internals and 3 down shields.......

It was a great battle!!!

by the way the Romulan KR was lost in action in service in the the Romulan imperial fleet, it was captured by pirates and now is in service to the blackthorn cartel. but the C-7 captain doe snot know this and reported engaging a romulan KR flyring with an orion LR..this is causing many diplomatic problems between the strained Klingon and Romulan governments.

tha is all for now more to come

PM
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an amazing night of battle in the supremacy campaign. it was announced by the Hydran Royal fleet that there had been evidence of a new Lyran weapon system being deployed on their border. the new weapon has been researched by the Lyran Empire and is called a galactic bombardment ship. basically a heavy artillry vessle capable of discharging a massive plasma warhead contained in a missle sheath. with the potential of global destruction.

the protopye was part of a join Klingon/Lyran mission to see how far the ship had to be to acquire a targetting signal using the Hydran Vanguards WTN (warp Transit Network) the Hydran north fleet was placed on high alert. the Rangers Glorious, Courage and Excalibur were recalled from patrol and exploration duty and attached to the main fleet.

Admiral Jade hazat, a lvl 6 admiral in command. the whole of the hydran fleet was positioned into 4-6 hunter seeker squadrons consisting of 1-3 ships each. The HSm Blackprince a Overlord class Heavy Battlecruiser and the newest ship in the hydran fleet was one of the single ship units that sortied forth.

and it was the Blackprince that found the Galactic Bombardment Ship, a Lyran BC hull that was in essence a floating weapons platform. the ship was being protected by 2 other ships.

the first ship is the lyran CC ShadowFang, a zero rate NPC ship if all average ship characteristics, the second ship is the Klingon D-5W Supremacy, this is a rate 1 ship with the special ability duelist and the followign stats.

H: 10
W: 15
P: 16 +1 power
C: 19 (enhanced shield rotation of 15 points)
G: 12

in short the Hydran was destroeyd in a battle that lasted about 2 hours. the Shadowfang and the Supremacy both survived the shadowfang was crippled with only about 6 internal lef and 4 frame hits. the Supremacy was crippled and burning with over 80% internals and 2 frame hits.

the Hydran was destroyed in point blank fighting with both enemy basically the Ol with fighters closed against the lyran and klignon, everyone held thier shots until about range 1 teh Lyran and klingon hit the Hydran #2 shield. the Hydran fighters went after the Lyran, after losing about 1/2 of them to the ESG. the OL focised 80% of it's alpha strike on the D-5W

in short it was the bloodiest knife fight that i have ever seen a Hydran ......Lose.

PM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 55 of 58

Jump to: