Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weapon allocation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:17 am    Post subject: Weapon allocation Reply with quote

It has been a while since I played and want to confirm something. If I have 5 ships firing on another fleet with 4 ships (one being a scout with 2 sensors) when I allocate the firing I note what is being fired at what enemy ship but would only indicate which of the ships has something being fired at them so the scout cannot automatically protect the ship(s) with the most weapons being fired at it. For example my 5 ships, which I noted on my cards, are firing at the following 4 ships:

Ship 1) 4 Phaser 1
Ship 2) 1 Phaser 3
Ship 3) 2 Distruptors
Ship 4) 4 Phaser 1's, 4 disruptors

The scout would only know the 4 ships are being shot at.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When allocating fire, you have to say what is being fired at who. So, the enemy will know which target ship has the most weapons fired at it, meaning they can use their scout functions to counter that allocated fire.

The scout will know what is being fired in addition to who is targeted.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject: Weapon allocation Reply with quote

Thanks MJ, so I fall back to firing multiple phases over multiple targets as a solution when a scout is present.
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you split your fire over multiple ships? I mean presumably if the ships have their shields down that might make sense or if you were firing at multiple drones/fighters that might also make sense but the allocations that you listed as examples wouldn
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are playing a campaign and will have up to 10 ships in a battle. Splitting the fire is needed most often, as more than 1 ship is a threat. If you do not split the fire the scouts make it a lot harder to hit. Most of us will have a scout in that 10 ship fleet.
ncrcalamine
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On of these is not like the rest. kill it first.
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The goal would be to get the scout in the early turn(s). However, it can be 10 hexes back and still add benefit so sometimes this is hard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: