Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FC Product Questions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NashLena
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject: FC Product Questions? Reply with quote

Hello,

It's been at least 2-3 yrs since I have been back on this site...I have a couple questions I hope some can answer.

I have Reference Rulebook v5 but noticed on the purchase section that there is a v6 out...Is there a way I can update v5 (free or small fee) or should I purchase v6 ?

In addition I also have Klingon Border, Romulan Space, and Distant Kingdoms...
Basically, I just want the bare minimum to play each major race or major class ship (and so no Attack Modules).
So, as it stands this means I would only need to purchase 'War & Peace', and maybe 'Line of Battle' (since it gives you the BB Class) ?
I would get the 'Transporters Attack' ( but it's an Attack Module )...If only there was one that wasn't an Attack module as it would give me an excuse to buy it.
Anyways, that's my logic of thinking.

Any info would be appreciated...
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Reference Rulebook already gives you all of the rules needed to play all of the empires, though you do likely need the v6 version to get the latest editions. Updating the Reference Rulebook is the best avenue to what you want.

If you buy the electronic version (from DriveThruRPG or SJG Warehouse 23), then you will get updates to the document automatically. (I know DTRPG will even send email notifications when they happen.) But for print, you need to buy an updated Reference Rulebook.

That all said, I have a question for you: Where are you all getting these questions? Some have actually been really good, and one pair of questions even pointed out a missing rule. That is some pretty good, in-depth knowledge of the game to have for a bunch of spammers. So, are you actually looking things up enough to figure it out, or are you getting them from somewhere? If you are getting them from somewhere, where is it?

Or is this just one person making lots of different accounts? In that case actually knowing about the game could work. And if it is just one person, how do you make the user names? Are they autogenerated, or do you actually create them yourself?

Also, why the new approach? Was there a meeting of some kind on the New Year? Is it working on other boards? I think I have caught all the attempts on this board (though it is always possible I missed something).

Anyway, I thought I'd ask because this has been quite prolific since the first week of January, but seems to be a new approach. Just curious.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Klingon epack #5 Reply with quote

Wondering where I can get the Klingon epack #5. Mainly looking for the E3 Corvette. I have checked by E23 and DriveThru and they do not have #5.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think a Klingon Ship Card Pack #5 has yet been released. But I do see six ships listed in the FC Reference Ship Chart CL53, so I understand the confusion.

I have asked Steve about it.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MJ
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took some doing but I figure out what happened. I found an incomplete copy of Klingon ePack #5 in the file. It was worked on in 2017, the year I became very very sick. Obviously, I started work on it, got to a point that I had all of the ships in it (except that the fleet scale version of the HF5 had never been done) but not the counters or scenario. Then, for whatever reason, I got distracted and never finished it. When the ships were selected, the chart on my computer was so marked so they wouldn't get selected for another pack later. Years later when I got better and we did CL54 we posted the new chart which included the forgotten update.

It took a bit to recover the file (the computer has been updated twice and replaced once in that time) but it's now back in the 2017 unfinished state. I will add finishing it to my list of things to do (which will take most of day), but since it will involve Jean it won't be right away. She'll be out of the office for a week or more, and when she returns she will have R4T, CL34, R4J, F&E TacOps, and ACTASFR1 to upload (one per week) when she's not doing Shapeways (which will happen twice during the time those five products cover) or Stratcon (which is in late June). But you should have it by July.
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve.
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:06 am    Post subject: ePack#5 Reply with quote

Wanted to check and see if the ePack #5 has been completed?
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what you refer to, but it's been a while. My thinking is that there is a Fed e5, a Klingon e5, etc. Did you mean one of those? Which one? I have been locked down the Stratcon/F&E stuff since 1 June doing nothing but that (and two ships a day for FCOL) but I have a BLUE FOLDER of things to work on when I get odd moments and there is a page in that folder for Klingon Book #e5.
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

You had mentioned in May you could finish the Klingon ePack #5 by July. Was hoping you had gotten to it. Many looking for the destroyer and frigate from the pack.

Regards,

Paul
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet, but "July" was based on surviving StratCon, which I did.
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve, I will continue to check every couple weeks.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is in my stack of things to do and not far from the top. I had to get the newsletter stuff done (including a new Fed ship), keep sending ships to Fed Commander On Line, and keep the Warbook moving.

I also have to run the business, get back to the gym, teach classes in bariatrics, and get ready for my wife to be out for a month when she has spine surgery. (I had to learn how to do laundry, which I haven't been allowed to do since the incident in 1982.)
Sgt_G
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(I had to learn how to do laundry, which I haven't been allowed to do since the incident in 1982.)
Sounds like me and my wife. I'm not allowed to wash the dishes because I "don't do it right." Okay, that shouldn't be in quotes because it's not the exact words she used, but I can't post those here.

Master Sgt, US Air Force, Retired -- 1981-2007 -- 1W091A
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: