Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Illinois Player? Well Kickin around the idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravenous
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Illinois Player? Well Kickin around the idea Reply with quote

I live around the Mt Prospect Area, well actully near Schaumburg. I have been playing Zombies!!! for some time and for the heck of it I was lookin for other Table top games and I stumbled upon Federation Commander. I am going to make a purchase of FC:A just to get my feet wet, however I was wondering anyone around here playing somewhat actively or able to get some time to show me some pointers and basics of the game?

Let me know as I am eager to begin to learn and play
toastie
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravenous,

There are a few of us who live in the area who are trying to start a regular group at Games Plus in Mt. Prospect. So far, its been hit and miss (mostly miss), but we're trying to get a few more people.

If you like, send me a PM and we can try to get together.

Incidentally, I live in Mundelein, and work in Hoffman Estates, so we're not that far apart.
Slartibartfat
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in the Lisle area myself and 2 others or getting into it. Me and another are old SFB players and the third is just starting. Please PM me so we can help get you started.
Ravenous
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of your quick replies. I live really close to gamers plus. Well about 6 miles. I would really love to sit down and watch a couple rounds and get the feel of the game. I am purchasing it this week, before I head out on my honeymoon. It will give me something to read and mess around a bit on my downtime, like the plane ride and stuff. But after the 25th I am wide open nights and weekends. I will PM ya both soon.
toastie
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy your honeymoon. You must have a really understanding spouse... Smile
Ravenous
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol between this and my paintball addication, Yah! but also a week on a cruise plus all the flight time, need a lil quite time Wink so it was either this or drag out the old snes and sneak my ogre battle onto the ship Very Happy (besides she will be reading and drawing from time to time so damnit! time to start a new hobby
Ravenous
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from Gamers Plus over in Mt prospect. Drug the wife and a few friends over there and I gota say that place is amazing. Great Staff, had some demo of a star wars game going with free stuff. The DnD table there was a bit meh. Stood there for a while and watched but not so much as a hello. There was a werewolf table there, and they were a great bunch of guys. But yah, awsome place and thanks for mentioning that. Look forward to checking out a game when ya get one going.

Generaly, well until the company I manage security is done with its remodel I am working from 5 am to 4 pm 6 days a week. so nights and weekends are great
Slartibartfat
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah GP is a great store, you can get anything you want there. I try to get up there every 6 months or so. When you get back let me know and lets see what you can work out. Weekends and night work for me also. They guys I game with are fairly flexiable also. Enjoy the honeymoon and I'll talk to you when you get back.
toastie
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, my previous commitments have largely wrapped up, so I've got time for gaming now. I'd be happy to organize a regular game at GP, or at some other location. Anyone interested? I'm free on weekday nights except Tuesday and Thursday, and I should be able to make a game on occasional weekends.
Ravenous
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toastie check your pm's please
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: