Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General and Web questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject: General and Web questions Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

Have a couple questions:

1) Where can I find an SSD for the Stellar base.
2) If a ship goes into a web and changes direction, does the ship have to restart with impulses to get out of the web?
3) If a Tholian ship crosses the web and uses a tractor on the ship trying to go through the web, and wins the tractor war, will that keep a ship from going through the web if held long enough so the ship does not speed to get through by the end of the turn?
4) Hydran baes does the BPV include the cost of the fighters?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick replies before being able to check things ...

1) I don't think the Stellar Base is in FC yet.

2) No. The impulse count is not reset.

3) I'll have to check, but it flows from the tractor rules. If the non-Tholian ship is the "controlling ship", it continues to build up movement, just at the reduced speed. If the Tholian ship is the controlling ship, or if neither are, then nothing accrues as the non-Tholian ship isn't "moving". Do note that to be able to establish the tractor, the non-Tholian ship can fire on the Tholian ship.

4) No. The cost of the fighters is always extra.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MJ West
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should note the Stellar Fortress is mentioned in section 5L7e. That is why I'm bringing up the question.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulgenna wrote:
I should note the Stellar Fortress is mentioned in section 5L7e. That is why I'm bringing up the question.

Yeah, when we updated 5L7e for the base weapon list we included the Stellar Fortress preemptively so it'd be there when the base was published. But, I don't think the base ship card ever got published. Probably because it needs to be a double-sized ship card and there was never really an opportunity to include it in something.

paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MJ,

My friend expanded on one of his questions some:

"If a ship is in a web moving say direction 1 accumulating movement points thru the web but than do to an attack now is facing another direction say opposite direction do to an attack does it still accumulate movement points in direction 1 to move thru the web or if it changes direction does the movement accumulation have to start over from 0. Or if I read the answer to question 2 no matter which way a ship faces while moving thru a web when it accumulates enough movement point it exits the web in whatever direction it is facing?"

Thanks in advance,

Paul
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you surmise, direction does not matter. If a ship is in a strength 10 web, it leaves the web hex once the ship spends its tenth movement point. While those 10 movement points have to be accumulated within eight impulses. The escaping ship's facing determines where it goes once it escapes, it doesn't affect the accumulation of movement points.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: