Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our own avatars?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Web Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The major thing about us publishing fiction is that it must be "gaming related." That means we need a scenario tied to it and published in the same book.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately, we have games of all levels so any fiction can be made to work!

I might note that we have published a lot of non-scenario stories but these are the one-page or two-page "background snapshot" things.

As for your own avatars: I am not a lawyer and while I have been on TV many times (in my other job) I never played a lawyer on TV. However, Your own model of somebody else's property is NOT "ok". It is at best a "derivative work" that requires permission from the original copyright holder. (Remember that everything in SFU is "modeled by ADB" but that does not mean it's ok without a contract with paramount.)

I do not and will not speak for Paramount. I am not going to advise you that "Paramount won't notice, or if they notice, wont' care about fanboy stuff" or that "Paramount will be all over you if you try that". If Paramount emails me to delete your Avatar, I will do so, at once, without arguing. I have never received such an email to date.
kirbykibble
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Larger or different avatars? Reply with quote

i personally think that there should be another avater that can fit larger avatars like this /Users/rchew/Desktop/New Awesomeness/Finished/star trek suit of awesomeness.jpg
phdillman
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
Fortunately, we have games of all levels so any fiction can be made to work!

I might note that we have published a lot of non-scenario stories but these are the one-page or two-page "background snapshot" things.

As for your own avatars: I am not a lawyer and while I have been on TV many times (in my other job) I never played a lawyer on TV. However, Your own model of somebody else's property is NOT "ok". It is at best a "derivative work" that requires permission from the original copyright holder. (Remember that everything in SFU is "modeled by ADB" but that does not mean it's ok without a contract with paramount.)

I do not and will not speak for Paramount. I am not going to advise you that "Paramount won't notice, or if they notice, wont' care about fanboy stuff" or that "Paramount will be all over you if you try that". If Paramount emails me to delete your Avatar, I will do so, at once, without arguing. I have never received such an email to date.

Understood.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Web Requests All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: