Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Size of SCS/CVO miniature?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Size of SCS/CVO miniature? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me the size of the CVO (flatbed) miniature's saucer as compared to the new SCS's saucer? Is the CVO the size of the CA or DN? Is the new SCS a modified CA or DN saucer?

It also looks like the nacelles are larger for the CVO mini.

Does anyone have the decals from either made by Mark T? I'm wondering if there's a massive difference in the size of the Combat Circles for the saucer section (i.e. would they essentially be interchangeable), and how much larger the nacelle stripes for the CVO (if at all)?

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old CVOs saucer is pretty much the same diameter as the saucer for the CA. It's just a lot thicker.

The new CVA/SCS mini's saucer is actually made from the saucer on the old mini, so they're the same. This is a bit of an anachronism, as the CVA/SCS is actually supposed to be a DN-hull ship and should probably really have the larger diameter DN saucer.

Since the saucer is the same on both mini's the circles and numbers should fit fine (although the CVO doesn't have the war-time circles, or at least never did in any of the old art, nor does Mark doesn't include them on his CVO sheet).

The nacelles for the CVO are indeed huge. Looking at the art that Mark has up at his webpage, he made the engine banners huge to look correct on those big engines.
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Thanks.

I'm working on my custom DN type miniature that will have the saucer section from a DN and the nacelles from the CVO so I'm trying to make sure I get the right decals for it and don't have to cut some apart or paint some of the details in myself (since I'm terrible at that scale).

So it sounds like I need to get the combat circles from a DN since those for the SCS and CVO are smaller, and would look funny on the DN saucer, while I need to get the CVO decals for the nacelles.

Incidentally, Mark does make a set with combat circles for the CVO mini.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-55434581667841_1973_7248917

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do'oh. You're right. I forgot that he had circles for the SCS version of the old CVO.

I gave real serious thought to bashing a DN saucer onto my CVA mini (in place of the normal saucer) but decided to save that for another time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: