Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fed DN Unification History?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Other Amarillo Design Bureau Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Fed DN Unification History? Reply with quote

I posted this on the legacy board as well, but since not everyone is in both places, I'll put it here too.

Does anyone know of the history of the Federation Dreadnought Unification? I'm making the miniature and wanted to make sure I got it right (if there is such a thing) visually (phasers, torps, etc.) for Y173, right before the Day of the Eagle. The sources I have are as follows:

Y172 - DN+ begins entering service with the USS Alliance (SL240 ,CL#31)
Y173 - Unification on the Romulan Front, 6th fleet (CL#5)
Y179 - Unification on the Klingon Front (SL129, CL#10) as a DNG, separated saucer running from the Klingons/Lyrans

Now, the DNG didn't come into service until Y175, and the DN+ was around in Y171-172. The real question is, would a DN not on a hostile front be upgraded when the upgrades were obviously needed on the Klingon Front (Alliance and Star League)?

Part of the material from CL#5 hints at it, since Matthews says, "I'd have brought the Unification with me, and they couldn't have dealt with that." Knowing the rather lackluster performance of the Fed DN, this seems to indicate that that the Unification was a DN+.

Does anyone have any other info? Was there ever a Fed DN class history article in Captain's Log?

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Other Amarillo Design Bureau Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: