Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question: What is this D-6 Gurps Prime Directive?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magnum357
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Question: What is this D-6 Gurps Prime Directive? Reply with quote

I have never been a big Role playing gamer. Tactical games similar to Fed Commander are about it for table top games. I did try out FASA's Star Trek Role playing game, and thought it was kinda neat, but of course that game is dicontinued. So I have two questions about Prime Directive...

1. Is PD anything similar to the old FASA Star Trek Role playing game? Don't remember the details, but the old FASA game even went to as far as creating Civilizations of unexplored planets. I actually prefer the FC/SFB history and background a little more then Star Trek, but if Prime Directive is anything similar to FASA's old Role playing game, I might get a copy of PD.

2. I keep reading about a hypthetical "D-6 Prime Directive game". I assume the "D-6" means it only requires a die-6 to play (which I like a lot). What are the differences between Gurps Prime Directive and this "D-6" Prime Directive?
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big difference is that we haven't printed PD6 yet.

It is, in theory, supposed to use the D6 rules system we could license from West End Games.

It hasn't been finished, and the writers working on it keep disappearing.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you are just adverse to non-six sided dice, you can use GURPS Prime Directive just fine. GURPS only uses six-sided dice.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Mazza
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread is old, but in response to the first question the original poster asked, if you play GURPS Prime Directive, then all of the GURPS books are compatible. The book GURPS Space has all the rules you could want for building strange new worlds and new civilisations for your Prime Directive campaign. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: