Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CentralCommand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SylvrDragon
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: CentralCommand Reply with quote

I think there should be a permanent chat for the Fed Com players on SFBOL. I just created a chat called CentralCommand for us to gather in, but this room will only stay open for as long as there's someone in it. I made this chat after a recommendation to do so from Hydran. The SFB player have the Bullpen, why shouldn't we have a room?
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about doing this earlier when first making the client available. But I decided not to so that the Online community would not be split. Especially for those players that play both.

If you guys feel that it would be better to have a separate room that you automatically go into when logging into the client just speak up.
jpat
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of of two minds on this. On the one hand, I can see the point of not fracturing the community, especially given that a lot of people know both. On the other hand, I remember back when I was a (slightly) more active user for FC (only) and just sort of wanting to have a separate place to go and find pickup games or whatever, knowing that whoever was there was there for the game you were playing. I'll defer to others who have more recent experience, but it was my experience then (about a year ago or so) that FCOL just hadn't reached the critical mass where you could just wander in and expect to find a game more often than not. Of course, I'm not sure making a separate area with (virtually) no one in it would make things better. Smile
SylvrDragon
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do completely agree with bot sides. On one hand it it's nice to go into a room and just about always have someone to talk to. But not much sucks more than being dumped into a room with a bunch of guys debating something that you know nothing about. Just the other day I logged on to find a debate about something SFB related and I really felt alienated. You know, if FC was given its own room there should be no reason to block users from entering with of the chats. As long as we can still enter the SFB Bullpen then we can always go over there if we're feeling lonely. lol
Sweeper
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one who subscribes to both, I say no. But there might be a compromise in order. What, I don't know yet.
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely want to change the starting room to be game neutral. Like a room called MeetingPlace or ADB_Square or something along those lines
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, you do know that it you go to the tree view you can create an FC specific chat room.
SylvrDragon
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andromedan wrote:
BTW, you do know that it you go to the tree view you can create an FC specific chat room.

Um, yea. I said I made one in the initial post. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: