Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New pics please!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malleman
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: New pics please! Reply with quote

Okay now, it has been a couple of weeks since there has been a new post with someone's minis in it.

Scoutdad, I know that you have something on the table, lets see it please.

Mazza, I know you have a nice looking Klingon fleet, what else do you have that we can stare at?

OGOPTIMUS, what do you have going on?

Same goes for you Djdood, give them up for the viewing.

And don't just sit there reading this Maxtype, I want to see some of your pics. At least five to be exact.

That goes just as well for anyone else reading this post! Show me some pics!

As you can tell I am currently having some withdrawal pains Laughing .
I have been busy lately and was hoping that someone would brighten up my day by posting some of their ships.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got nothing at the moment. Winter always kills my painting, since the weather is crud 24/7 here in Seattle, 8 months of the year.

Once the weather settles down in the next 4-5 weeks, I'll be painting like crazy again and will indeed post pics.
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had time to take pics of my fleet yet and my main computer died. I expect to have it fixed by the weekend and will have time to shoot some pictures.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoutDad reporting in:

This weekend was spent getting the Lyran painting article together. I finished painting another CA in a blended base with tiger-stripes... but I photoed this one at every stage and am now typing a step-by-step article to go with the photos. It'll be submitted to SVC soon, so look for it.

I did paint 7 additional Orion ships to go wih the ones I already had, just to break up the monotony of doing one ship at a time. I haven't decided on what identifier to add to them, so they are currently black and detailed. I know they won;t have a flame motif like the last ones did, but I'll post photos tonight. Once they are trimmed out, I'll post a group photo.

I'm currently working on 14 Hydran CLs. 5 w/Hellbores, 5 w/Fusions (one of each for each fleet) and the other four are vriants... one scout, one PFT, etc. They are basecoated, washed and high-lighted and about 50% detailede. Look for photos this weekend.

I also got start #2 on the Orion DN master. I learned quite a bit about what not to do one the first attempt, so this one should progress faster and easier. Photos to follow when completed.
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in and out of town for the past few weeks, and waiting for a few orders to come in, so not much has gone on with me.

I have a dozen or so from before that I didn't post, mostly because I thought people might be a bit tired of seeing me post (yet more) Fed ships. They're also rather generic--no kitbashes among them, and they're ones that others have put up too, so they're nothing that people haven't seen.

I've got another 7 ships painted (with a few custom tweaks to the models) and just needing decals, so I'll get an update in a few days with those and some of the old ones (maybe in a big montage).

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Maxtype
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
I did just get a digital camera last week............let's see,shall we? Wink
malleman
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mazza what is up?? I know you read this post three days ago with the time zones and all.

The rest of you guys are off the hook.

OGOPTIMUS, I undrestand your reservations, but I would enjoy looking at your Federation ships, and can't wait to see your new minis. Viewing someone else's art always inspires me with new ideas.

Starfury, good luck and godspeed!

Djdood, I have only been to Seatle once (friends live up there) and I don't believe we saw the sun the entire week. Had a blast at the Sun Festivel though, first time I had ever been pent up in a beer garden being from Louisiana. We all understand, you have a limited time window kind of like NASA.

Maxtype, cool, can't wait to see your pictures. I know how you feel, I am still learning how to work my VCR. Remember seven new pics to be exact!

Scoutdad, checked your site and did not see any thing new yet (Orions), I kind of figured you would be busy playtesting (Stingers) to ensure our Lyran friends would be represented when the final decisions are made.

I forgot about John "the duce" Schneder II. When are you going to update your site? I check it out every couple of days for new minis. Especially after you posted pics of your Carnivions on the BBS. Awesome work on them.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I've been too busy with real-life to playtest the Stingers for the last two days... that's this weekends plan of attack.

Here's a brief update:
The Lyran fleet was recently updated; but here are three photos of what happens to a Kzinti Dreadnought when it encounters a determined Lyran fleet:
pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

A quick and dirty photo of the newest Orions

and last but not least, a sneak pic at the Lyran article: From this to this, step-by-step!

5 photos exactly!
Maxtype
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad,well done,sir!

Nice on all,but the Lyran 'how-to' is my favorite. Very Happy
malleman
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks Scoutdad,

Nice pics. I really like the sneak peak of the Orions. I think black makes the ships stand out. I have a couple of Orions I have not painted yet and was thnking of painting them either brown or black. After seeing your work in progress I am kind of leaning towards black now.

Can't wait to see the rest of the step by step for the Lyrans. I can about imagine that part of the article will discuss how to obtain a nice even coat of orange or yellow. The tiger stripes are very impressive. Good Job!
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just doing my part to insure that there are enough Lyrans in the world to help rid th Galaxy of those "low-down, dirt-rotten, methane-breathing, trashcan-looking Hydrans!!!" Wink

Although, I'm painting about 3 dozen Hydran ships next... so go figure! Confused
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for tips... you'll just have to wait until the article is finished! Twisted Evil
malleman
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scoutdad,

Everyone needs some bad guys, to blow up!

There is no shame in painting a few of the stinkers, however, I do believe that anything over 12 shows a kind of affection for the empire. Although I am in agreement with you, I would do a couple of extra for 4th of July celbrations. Afterwords, If anyone ask you where the rest of your Hydran fleet is, tell them the truth, the Lyrans ate them like a box of wheaties.

Lets just hope Mazza and a couple of the other guys don't read this section of the post, or they may try to twist the truth to serve their misguided purpose.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing, due to a couple of ebay steals... errrrr deals - the Hydran fleet is actually just over 125 ships including the 24 PFs...
1 BB, 4 DNs, 1 DNL, 1 DNH, 14 CAs, 4 NCAs, 14 CLs, 6 DWs, 18 DDs, 29 FFs, 1 mobile base, 1 base station, 1 BATS, and 32 Stingers.

Just don' tell Junior that I have that many Hydrans... Wink
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's a few to wet your appetite.

A DN+, created with the Zocchi DN adding phasers and torpedoes via epoxy. Admiral Matthews' Flagship on the Day of the Eagle; the USS Unification, NCC-2122. This one needs another coat of matte finish to dull that decal glare.

The USS Xerxes, NCC-505. I tried to make this one look older since it's from the 6th Fleet in Y173, and at that time, most of the ships in the fleet were old, since it wasn't an active front. There is no "bubble" on the back of the warp nacelle (sorry you can't see it), and the sensor dish connection is actually made from a piece of sprue that comes with the tug parts.

And from later in the General War:

A New Jersey Class Battlecruiser with 6 (yikes!) photons. The USS Montana, NCC-1765. This is a factory 2nds miniature, and I LOVE it!

A New Command Cruiser, with added phaser-1s (clearly visible) and phaser-3s under the saucer (trust me, they're there); the USS Los Angeles, NCC-1654.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: