Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LDR - Where are their ship cards? Which miniatures to use?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mithras
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: LDR - Where are their ship cards? Which miniatures to use? Reply with quote

Hey, guys -

One of my potential opponents is very interested in the Lyrans, specifically the LDR. She wanted to know where she would need to acquire the rules for them. I assume Distant Kingdoms, however, after going through the information about that module that I can find, I haven't been able to determine whether the LDR are in that module, and if so, which ship cards can be used for the LDR.

A subsequent search of booster information hasn't turned up much. I don't see any ship cards specifically classified as "LDR" ships.

So the first question would be - which boosters/rules would my opponent need to play LDR? Is this the case of taking a standard Lyran ship and then using LDR rules to replace certain weapons systems?

Secondarily, but no less important, we do most of our gaming with miniatures. Would she use Lyran miniatures in general painted as LDR, or are there specific LDR ships that I'm missing upon my lookthroughs?

Thanks much,

M.
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rules for the LDR are in Distant Kingdoms. The Lyran ship cards have a small box printed on them detailing how to convert them to LDR rules (usually just phaser upgrades and the like).

You can see some examples here:

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/Commanders%20Circle/lyranships.shtml

In terms of miniatures, the standard Lyran miniatures apply for most hulls, but IIRC, there were some special LDR only hulls that currently don't have miniatures. So, just buy a Lyran Tiger heavy cruiser, paint it white and it's an LDR heavy cruiser!

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a side note, there are Middle Years LDR/Dark Star County/DDSC ships in Briefing #2.

However, those ships pre-date the modifications which are shown in General War-era LDR ships, so are functionally identical to the same hulls serving in the Lyran Star Empire at the time.
Mithras
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Thanks for the tips, guys.

-M.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: