Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Klingons Prime Directive PD20M Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Klingons Prime Directive PD20M Released Reply with quote

For those who don't read the blog:

We shipped Klingons Prime Directive PD20M to distributors on October 19, 2009. Due to Real Life issues intruding, it was the book I thought that I could most likely finish within a year of the release of Prime Directive PD20M.

What is new and changed from Klingons PD20? Here are some highlights.

* Information pertinent to PD20M players is in a format they will recognize.
* The Paladin advanced class has been revamped.
* Many of the species traits for the Subject Races have been reworked and there is information for age, height, and weight for the beings you would encounter in the Klingon Empire.
* We listened to some additional tapes and discovered more information about the Bargantines.
* We forced more information into the starship and personal weapons sections.
* There is an additional page of starship art and it is gorgeous! Ted Geibel and Adam Turner are very talented artists.

ADB, Inc.'s books do not happen in a vacuum. They are a team effort and they reflect the strengths of us all. Let me tell you about the people who have worked on this book and their contributions.

Eric Olivarez did a splendid job of designing new chapter headings for the book. They catch the feeling of steel -- apt for "The Empire of Steel".

Jonathan Thompson had the lead in converting the d20 information into d20M terms. While some of the species were a breeze (having appeared in PD20M), others took much effort, especially in light of the disinformation the Klingons had put out about their Subject Races.

Ryan Opel spent a lot of evenings answering questions that popped into my head. How did so-and-so really spell his name? Please count behind me and see if the Klingons have tried to mislead us about the power this ship's engines produce. Only when he didn't have an answer was I forced to call one of the Steves.

Tony Thomas reworked all of the sample characters and really dug through those personnel files to discover the "real" people. We have warned him to be on the lookout for Klingon Dagger Teams when we release this sensitive information.

Gary Plana was there, providing information and background. His knowledge of the Prime Directive RPG games and their history was invaluable.

Steven Petrick had to answer many phone calls and questions. What's that square thing on the SSD? How do I know if this is a K refit thing or not? What year did this ship really come out? HELP! I can't find an SSD for this ship!!!!! Without his help I could not have checked the entire chapter on the starships. With his help I learned far more about the Klingon starships than I ever knew and realized that each change in design was logical and had a purpose.

Steve Cole was absolutely essential in getting this book to press. He did the layout and all the corrections to the text. He had the unenviable chore of making larger files fit into the same space and he did it seamlessly. He capitalized phrases and changed capitalized phrases into lower case (per ADB, Inc.'s "Capitalization Guide") without much protestation. He has been understanding when Real Life issues prevented me from working on the book as much as I would have liked to have done. And of course, he's the one who brought us the original book!

Thanks also go to Leanna Cole and the Coles's furkids (Ramses and Isis, two beautiful Bengal cats) who let Steve work late, late nights in order to get this done.

Jean
RPG Line Editor
domingojs23
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jean !

Could the updated material in Klingon PD20M perhaps be made available for Gurps-edition owners ?

Cheers,

Gary
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no "updated material" in the Klingon book.

(Some typos, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and so forth was fixed.)

The "updated" stuff is converting the PD20v3.5 rules to PD20M, which is meaningless to GURPS players.
domingojs23
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ! I could have sworn I saw some post somewhere that said that there was some new source material (I think about one of the subject races) in the Klingon PD20M release.

Gary
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary: I believe the additional race data was in GURPs, but never made it into the PD20v3.5 book...
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, there are some corrections that Gary Plana and I want to make to the Bargantines, but those are in the future when I have time to breathe. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: