Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Federation Admiral
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonPerry wrote:
Where is this "My day" topic?

http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/messages/12032/8668.html?1226105775
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That, or the Monday blog would tell you any FedAd progress.

None this week as I was (1) focused entirely on Marines and (2) still recovering from my injuries of the fall two weeks ago.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, SVC posts his "My Day" on the BBS.

http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Company-Conventions-Stores-Ideas: About the Company: Company weblog
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of a 2012 release for this?
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much, given too many other things on the schedule. See the blog Jean just posted.
Shadow Warrior
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of a 2013 release for this?
Shadow Warrior
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little bump here. Is there any realistic prospect of seeing this in 2013 given its absence from the 2013 schedule to date? Wishful thinking aside, I mean.

Thanks.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has not been forgotten.
Shadow Warrior
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
It has not been forgotten.

I'm very pleased to hear that, it certainly hasn't been forgotten by me. It's been the most eagerly anticipated (by me) and potential rich release in the Star Fleet Universe since it was announced a few years back.
Paul B
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this product dead?

Last post in the thread is circa Dec 2012 and now 2013 is coming to a close with nary a peep. If I'm not mistaken the draft product was in ADB's hands in 2008, some five years ago, it doesn't seem likely that we players will ever get to enjoy it.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, it isn't dead. We just have to work with outside designers and sometimes that means sending drafts back for fixes.
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I can certainly understand. But five years seems a bit overly long for the development cycle of any print product. From what I understand ADB has entered into partnerships with both MJ12 and MGP to produce new products, in addition to the partnership with the FA developer, but while many products have come out for the other partnerships FA is still unreleased despite I believe being submitted first.

As a player it's a bit frustrating since one of the main things FC lacks is a comprehensive campaign system, and the other products from MJ12 and MGP while good are just different ways to play the game or the universe that we already have. They don't actually add any depth to the core game of Federation Commander whereas a campaign system would.
BrentO
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also interested in FA being released as soon as possible. My group plays every week and we have been trying to cobble together a campaign system from scratch using F&E, SFB and FC elements. Federation Admiral would be a giant help and well worth whatever money you ask for.
Maxwell Luther
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrentO wrote:
I am also interested in FA being released as soon as possible. My group plays every week and we have been trying to cobble together a campaign system from scratch using F&E, SFB and FC elements. Federation Admiral would be a giant help and well worth whatever money you ask for.

While you're waiting, why not try this out:

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5158

As I mention in the thread, the rules are actually fairly simple, but thorough...
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fed Admiral was one of the last products from the era in which we (stupidly) scheduled projects we had never seen from authors we had never worked with on the theory that they would show up on time and ready to print. We learned (oh so painfully) that this was a bad plan and don't do it any more.

FA turned out to be "all wrong, not universe compliant" and basically had to be tossed and done over from blank paper. That took some time, more so because it is a GIGANTIC product, one of the biggest books ever done. We were working it on the basis of "so many hours every friday" but one crisis or another ate all the time for "products not on the immediate schedule". [Remember that I broke my leg in February and more or less missed two entire months of work. Then we had Operation Fetch and the Origins trip.] We're fighing right now to get it back onto the schedule, but such PNOTIS get set aside when we're on "final two weeks lock down" which right now we are for C6 and in the next two months we'll lose two lockdown weeks to FCTM and two or three more to CL48 and one week to the first actual vacation any of us have had in five years. But between now and New Year's there should be four to six "couple of hours on a Friday" time slots it can have.

There was also a decision made to make this system fit equally well with SFB, FC, ACTASF, and Starmada, which actually took maybe two hours of total work and didn't slow the project at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: