Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Donjebruche Campaign: In Character
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffr0 wrote:

End of Captain Jacks hacking challenge... unless there is anything else you want to try. Muankaal and Captain Zorg are negotiating furiously-- you might still have some time!


[OOC] Woot! [/OOC]

Captain Jack covers his tracks, and disconnects. Time to look over what he retrieved for anything interesting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojo_billbo wrote:
Jeffr0 wrote:

End of Captain Jacks hacking challenge... unless there is anything else you want to try. Muankaal and Captain Zorg are negotiating furiously-- you might still have some time!


[OOC] Woot! [/OOC]

Captain Jack covers his tracks, and disconnects. Time to look over what he retrieved for anything interesting.


[GM waves his hand as he replaces his screen. (That critical success automatically ties up any loose ends for you without any additional rolls. You did trigger a trap on their system-- that may not be completely covered up. Your Perl script [if it was successful] should obfuscate the logs well enough that it will at least take a lot longer to reconstruct what happened to them. The data you have looks like navigation data and cargo manifest type stuff, but it will take time and expertise to validate it properly.]

Muankaal finally completes his conversation with Zorg. He cuts the comm-link and does a face palm. "I swear, that man has the be the most obnoxious cretin in the galaxy! Jack, Jack... please tell me you have something to show after my having to endure him for so long."
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffr0 wrote:

[The data you have looks like navigation data and cargo manifest type stuff, but it will take time and expertise to validate it properly.]

Muankaal finally completes his conversation with Zorg. He cuts the comm-link and does a face palm. "I swear, that man has the be the most obnoxious cretin in the galaxy! Jack, Jack... please tell me you have something to show after my having to endure him for so long."


"Yes, and yes I do..." Captain Jack shows Muankaal what he was able to gleam from the database.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojo_billbo wrote:
Jeffr0 wrote:

[The data you have looks like navigation data and cargo manifest type stuff, but it will take time and expertise to validate it properly.]

Muankaal finally completes his conversation with Zorg. He cuts the comm-link and does a face palm. "I swear, that man has the be the most obnoxious cretin in the galaxy! Jack, Jack... please tell me you have something to show after my having to endure him for so long."


"Yes, and yes I do..." Captain Jack shows Muankaal what he was able to gleam from the database.


Captain Jack gains 1 point of status vis a vis Muankaal and one character point that can be spent on any computer related skill.

[Unfortunately for you... no one on the bridge can grok the awesomeness of your critical success. Thems the breaks, nerd... and yeah, that's how it is in real life. Okay, gotta wrap up Marcus and Skexis's stuff and we'll move on to the next scene.]

[Later on... Muankaal accepts the data as being good and pays you the agreed upon amount.]
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffr0 wrote:
paul wrote:
With an irritated look,"yeah about that...I still work for Mookinal...the captain of thios ship...but I willl offer my protection let's say 900 credits a month...that is noot including any expenses that might incur from "unforseen" circumstances...plusI think Zack and Sexios will expect you to pull your weight as a team member." He tosses the cards in the middle of the table and says,"deal again...."


"900... wah! I might be able to scrape that up. Could you maybe look into getting me some kind of gig in the engine room here...? That'd make it a lot easier for me. Otherwise, I'd have to pay you out of artifact finds...."

Whoops... you're out another 200 credits.

Shawn offers one last round-- double or nothing. If he wins... he's covered for his first month of body guard fees. If he loses, then you don't owe him the 400 credits.


"I'll see what I can do about the job....If I am going to be expected to risk my life for you...I think 900 is a fair price..." Throwing down the credits he owes,"...I think you can afford it." He heads out to talk to his other employeer about a job for his new employeer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Skexis
Lieutenant SG


Joined: 13 Sep 2010
Posts: 144

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(OOC) Putting computer hacking scene to RPG! GM gets extra geek points!

I've met some folks recently who do this sort of thing and someone might want to do a PC for Shawn if there's interest on your side and theirs. (/OOC)

As for Skexis, he's going to sit down and relax for the time being.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Okay... Marcus scores 1 point for this entire thing with Shawn, working him into the group and all. When y'all boarded the ship, there was no one for Marcus to interact with due to his anti-Klingon prejudices. It was in character, but still sort of a problem. But now that Marcus has taken this whole other subplot by storm, the problem is resolved.]

[GM note on points: I'm slinging points out to y'all, but not keeping track. If you can keep up with what you're getting... like list with a date and what you got it for, that would be super-keen... and it would save me from having to dig through all the old posts later. Wink]
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Game master fast forwards to the next real scene. Imagine a beautiful cut-scene with the E3 Corvette hurtling through space with a montage of Shawn starting a low-level engineering job, Skexis hanging with the Slirdarians, Captain Jack noodling with computers, and Marcus keeping to himself.]

Muankaal calls Jack, Marcus, Skexis and Shawn to the conference room near the bridge. He explains that he has officially put you on the org chart as Artifact Investigation and Recovery Specialists. (He mentions off hand that you will also function as an unofficial assault boarding party, but he quickly moves on to the next topic.) The current journey into the neutral zone has turned out to be moderately profitable and he hopes that things can continue to be mutually beneficial. He warns you that it is still probably not a good time for you to be found in Federation space-- there's been no word yet from his lawyers back at Donjebruche about your legal status there. He says that it won't be long before the ship docks at the Federation science outpost with what will hopefully be an extremely lucrative delivery.

He then brings up a map of hex 1907. He explains that they've cracked the data that Jack grabbed from Captain Zorg's light raider. It looks like he has made many lucrative sales of Lanthanam... at unbelievably good rates. There's no record of purchases... and the sales seem to always be made after he makes a run through the Great Spider Nebula. (That's the large central nebular of hex 1907 that Captain Jack is familiar with.)
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Skexis
Lieutenant SG


Joined: 13 Sep 2010
Posts: 144

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(OOC) looks like no new players. (/OOC)

"do we want to get in on the Lanthanum trade?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We could, but trust me, that nebular is bad, bad news... spacial anomalies like nothing you've ever seen. We must be cautious." announces Captain Jack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if on cue... the ship suddenly shudders. You all independently experience a sinking feeling... almost like a weird sort of car sickness.

The intercom buzzes; it's the first officer. "Captain-- I think you'd better come to the bridge...."

"I'm on my way!"

(The bridge is right next to the conference room.)

Muankaal takes command. "I have the conn," says Muankaal.

"Aye, captain... you have the conn."

Muankaal looks up at the view screen. It's reveals a shimmering maze of glass shards that warp themselves like the aurora borealis. "By the gods!" Muankaal exclaims.
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games


Last edited by Jeffr0 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffr0 wrote:
As if on cue... the ship suddenly shudders. You all independently experience a sinking feeling... almost like a weird sort of car sickness.

...

Muankaal looks up at the view screen. It's reveals a shimmering maze of glass shard that warp themselves like the aurora borealis. "By the gods!" Muankaal exclaims.


[OOC] oh no! [/OOC]

Captain Jack asks: "Does this register on the ships sensors?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Klingon helmsman shouts, "nothing shows up on my scopes!" While none of the warrior caste would ever show fear, he is clearly stunned.

The communications officer says to Muankaal, "I'm getting static on all channels, sir... except... I'm picking up some kind of echo on the G band."

On the view screen... one of the shards appears to be tumbling right towards the ship.

Muankall's eyes widen... then he commands the helmsman, "Navigate visually, curse you! Reduce speed to one quarter impulse power. Come right to course. Give those things as wide a berth as you can manage!" He flips on the intercom and says, "all hands... man your stations."
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mojo_billbo
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 428
Location: Danville, PA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[OOC] is the astro-navigation station being manned? [/OOC]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jeffr0
Commander


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojo_billbo wrote:
[OOC] is the astro-navigation station being manned? [/OOC]


[GM fiat ruling: Captain Jack has done enough hacking, that Muankaal had engineering set up a special makeshift console that has a subset of sensor and communications displays on it. The helmsman doubles as an astrogator on this ship. Captain Jack may take up sort of a modified science officer type role if he wishes. (Captain Jack suspects that the Communications officer was tired of him taking her seat.)]
_________________
Jeffro's Space Gaming Blog
Microgames, Monster Games, and Role Playing Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 70 of 71

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group