Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Content of Line of Battle Expansion (#4007)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xris
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 6:00 pm    Post subject: Content of Line of Battle Expansion (#4007) Reply with quote

New (UK) player here. I recently picked up Romulan Border and I'm looking at picking up some of the expansions. Ideally, Klingon Space should be my next pick up but it isn't in stock at Leisure Games at the moment. I've asked them to get it for me but it will be a while before they make their next order with ADB (having just made one).

I have a good idea what I want next in terms of expansions but I'm a little confused over the Line of Battle expansion (#4007). In particular, how is it different to Battleships Attack (#4104).

The link to Line of Battle Tell Me More on the FC Product List seems a bit lacking.

The Tell Me More link for Battleships Attack is great, it shows a picture of the components. It shows the two map panels, the counter sheet, the eight large Ship Cards and the Booklet.

In this regard, what's in Line of Battle? Nine large ship cards and a Scenario booklet? Are the nine included ship cards unique (as in, do they appear in any other "Attack expansion" or FC product)?

I've looked at the Starfleet Store pages and it does list further detail for Line of Battle but I'm also trying to see how it fits in with the other expansion, plus what it contains component wise.

As far as I can make out, Line of Battle seems to be (sort of) an early version of the Booster Packs (except it contains large ship cards instead of the usual size). Nothing wrong with that, I'm just trying to get a handle on all the extensive content there is for FC!

Looking forward to try out the ships form different empires and races Smile
xris
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about that, 5 minutes after posting this, a YouTube video pops up that covers the exact question I asked Smile

Not sure what the convention is to linking YouTube videos on these forums but recently djthorsilver has released some very good "Intro" or "Buyers Guides" to both Star Fleet Battles as well as Federation Command.

I'm sure if you searched YouTube for the channel name you can find the videos. If it's acceptable I can post links to the videos in question. It was thanks to this channel I got into Federation Commander, and the detailed explanation of what's available and suggested order of purchase was just the sort of thing that encouraged me to try the FC system.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The line of battle expansion are just more copies of the battleships in battleships attack.
xris
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
The line of battle expansion are just more copies of the battleships in battleships attack.

Thanks Steve, I was able to confirm that when watching djthorsilver's YouTube video.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: