Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

War and Peace countersheet question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: War and Peace countersheet question Reply with quote

Does anyone know what the yellow-on-black 1/2" 'Range 10' counters are for in War & Peace?

Surely you can tell the range by just counting the hexes? Wink
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things like Black Holes, where it's nice to have a visual reminder of how far away the thing is on the map.
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, got it, thanks. Like the campaign ribbon, btw; I will have to put mine on there too.....Where did you get it?
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind a little larger list of where the extra 1/2" counters go to. That is to say, what CL and Comm that the extra ship counters are for.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that this is the topic for it, but if anybody wants their ribbons sent to them, just email me and I will do it for you on a subsequent Wednesday. I have them all, so it's just a matter of extracting, exporting, and emailing them.
Rick Smith
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve. Are the ribbons awarded for getting scenarios and other rules in print?

UPFY
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/messages/12032/medals_explained.pdf

http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/messages/12032/25046.html?1274463410
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribbons are awarded for a lot of things. Getting a scenario published in a product gets you a meritorious ribbon (diamond) for that product. (Getting into a communique doesn't since the only ribbons for communique are given to staffers who proofread a whole year of them, but if the scenario bounces to a regular product, you get the ribbon then.) Same applies to "rules" but we publish very few of those, and the ribbon for Loren Knight writing a sniper rule in CapLog and for Terry O'Carroll for doing a scenario in the same CapLog is the same ribbon.

If anybody wants their ribbons, let me know and I will send you a jpg (or a PDF if you prefer and tell me).

The records are not perfect, but we are working on updating them. For example, most products (say, R7) had the ribbons posted for the "staffers" but not for ships and scenarios. we're working to catch those up, but remember that I can only do that on customer request time, since "billable hours" have to be spent on things that make the company enough money to pay me my salary. I cannot spend all day or all week doing things that produce no revenue.

If you did a scenario in, say, R9, and want the ribbon for it, you send me an email pointing out that you did scenario for R9 but don't have a ribbon for R9. I put that email into the customer request file, and on some subsequent Wednesday I go check and see if we ever did those. If not, I do the "missing" ribbons for everybody in R9 and we move on. It's VERY easy for someone who did a scenario in R9 to get me to "audit the records" and get him his ribbon. It's very HARD for someone who playtested something for R9 and didn't get listed to get the review board to issue such a ribbon because nobody remembers that far back and who did what. The only time to get a missing ribbon for "work we forgot to mention" is right after the awards are posted. So, let's say you playtest Star Fleet Marines: Assault and CL#42 doesn't list a ribbon for you. Tell me THEN (in late Nove 2010) and I will review the records and see if, shucks, we forgot to list you, and will add your name to the list.
Rick Smith
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's refreshing that ADB takes such pride in and acknowledges those that spend their time and energy helping in the task to release great product. There are very few gaming companies that go to such lengths.

Thanks Steve and djdood, for the explanations.

UPFY
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another countersheet question. Please can someone tell me which product the M81 OGR ships are from? Purple writing on a white background, and the ships are an odd 'outrigger' asmmetric design.
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain's Log #40

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC it was CL40. I recall a one page article.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, those are the M81 Tholian Home Galaxy Pirates, the Old Galaxy Raider and Old Galaxy Destroyer.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CL41 has a snapshot article which offers an insight into the M81 Pirates, too.

Essentially, the ships in CL40 are 'export' models; stripped of certain pieces of technology by their Nebuline builders, before being sold to various pirate bands (some of which were eventually able to build more Destroyers by themselves). I'm hoping the original versions, and the wingless warship designs they were originally derived from, might find a home in SFB and/or FC someday.

As an aside, I find the concept of the Nebuline to be very interesting, not least since it echoes that of Omega's Qixa in my mind. They too have some ships designed primarily to operate in deep space (traders, not raiders) as well as a separate defence fleet optimised to fight within their home nebula.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason the Nebuline survived is that Tholian web doesn't work in a nebula, and transporters and shuttles are also useless (hurting the Selts too). I wonder if there are any Space Mantas in the M81 galaxy, or if that species is unique to the Cotton Candy Nebula?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: