Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you thinking about PBEM? Here's a turn review...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander: Play By Email!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DNordeen
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Are you thinking about PBEM? Here's a turn review... Reply with quote

So here's a SITREP from a single turn.

First everyone fills out their EA. There's a break in the game for everyone to see the opponents EA to include Base Speed. Than everyone turns in SOPs which result in a SITREP like this:

As you can see, the game can break quite often. There were 21 breaks between the first movement and the end of the turn. Each break allows players to see everything that's happened and redo their SOP based on that new knowledge.

So if you are worried that you can't play PBEM because you have to plan out your whole turn (or half anyway), don't be. The game will break almost every impulse. You can redo your SOP quite often to account for change. Additionally, if someone accelerates you can "me too" accelerate. If someone fires heavy weapons, you can "me too" fire.

Everything's on the computer, so you don't have to keep a gameboard set up or anything.

If you're interested in playing, just give it a try. It's free, and including me, there's three moderators available.

And if you don't like all these break points, you can use conditional orders to ignore them or react to them. Such as "if my opponent accelerates, I will accelerate too. Ignore the speed change break in this case."

Or, "If my opponent turns away from me, ignore the break for course change"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander: Play By Email! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: